BEST SHADE TREES
The Shade trees are grown for their shade. The relevance ofthese trees lays in those regions which are very hot and where you need to grow plants in its shade. There are many such plants which can grow only in shade and thus they can be grown under the shade of shade trees. Shade trees are generally large in size with spreading canopies and are used in public as well as private gardens for decoration. Some of the best shade trees which are popular and liked in temperate areas are described here.
- RED MAPLE: It is the tree which grows very rapidly and is called as red maple because its twigs and buds are bright red. Though a faster growing shade tree, the red maple is a long lived tree.
- TULIP POPLAR TREES: These trees are also known as ‘yellow poplar’ because beautiful yellow coloured tulip flowers blooms on this plant and poplar is a term to describe wood. The trees are quite long as the higher branches of this tree sweeps in only one direction. The green colored leaves and yellow colored flowers beautify the garden space.
- OAK TREE: It is the one of the fast growing shade trees with very hard wood. It has spirally arranged leaves which shades areas nicely. Oak wood has high density and stands strong. There are many species to choose from including Northern Red Oak, which is most popular.
- GINKGO TREES: This tree grows very well and is quite thick and dense which creates a nice shade. The leaves of this tree are fan shaped and are quite unique. Has beautiful golden fall foliage.
- DAWN REDWOOD: The leaves are very thin and long like spikes. These trees are generally used to fence the garden and are planted in rows on hedges or make excellent street trees.
- WILLOW HYBRID TREES: These trees can have a life of about 25 – 30 years. This variety is fast growing and suitable to many types of soils. They grow quite dense and are perfect for planting as fence trees.
- POPLAR HYBRID TREES: Hybrid Poplars are quite tall growing shade trees which are used for windbreak as well as to maintain the privacy. Fast growing poplar hybrid trees make a great privacy screen or as nice shade tree when planted alone
Shade trees are best in the sense that they give a cooling effect to your place and thereby reducing the energy costs. You can make a garden space to spend lovely time in the lap of nature by putting up the chairs and tea tables under the shade of these best shade trees. You can find all of these and more at http://www.greenwoodnursery.com/categories/trees/shade-trees-for-sale.